FEATURED:

 

The Power of Ink on Paper: Ernesto Caivano's Art

Contributed by Melissa Kojima

I've been practicing making drawings with just brown ink on white paper. The results have pleasantly surprised me. But I really needed some inspiration to see if I'm going in the right direction. If I can find a master in whatever I'm working on, it keeps pushing me to the outer limits. I found that inspiration and master of ink in Ernesto Caivano.


His ink drawings are so fluid and perfect. There is something old and timeless about it. I think of ancient etchings, yet they are completely contemporary and new. He was born in Madrid and now works in New York City. He is about to open a solo show at Richard Heller Gallery in Los Angeles that will start March 20, 2010.


Here are a few of his newest pieces. Since I'm just down the street from this gallery, I will have to go check out this master's incredible art. You can learn more about him and see more of his art by clicking on this link
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails